Sunday, March 1, 2015

Here We Go!!!

Muddled (mis)Adventures

Somehow, for some strange and curious reason I decided that I would report on the first day of our family vacation to Washington DC on Facebook. It might have been the fact that I was tired and sleepless after a long day of travels on the plane and what seemed to be a marathon like walk down the national mall . I was reflecting on the crazy adventures that took place and started to chuckle to myself about the misadventures of traveling with the family.

Just like most parents, my wife Pam and I have dreams of taking our kids on some amazing journeys for family vacations. And...just like most families, our vacations never resemble our dreams. Looking back on that night I made an important discovery. The misadventure is always the best adventure! Life is so much better when you can look back and laugh and have fun.

As I typed away on my Iphone with my two fat thumbs making several spelling and grammatical errors, I had no idea how much I was going to enjoy sharing my family with the social media world. The thought that people would actually enjoy reading about my mindless experiences on who would win the Grumpiest Kid of the Day award or which parent was in the running for Parent of the Year blew my mind. One post led to another and I found myself reporting on each miscellaneous adventure my family went on.

I have been told to start a blog and write. I honestly never thought about it until several people commented on it and encouraged me to do so. I really don’t know which twists or turn it will take. But I do know that it will be fun and perhaps provide some comic relief in this crazy journey through life!

1 comment: