Sunday, April 26, 2015

Colorado Solo Trip: Day Four & Five

Day Four:

I was up before the sun and ready to take on another run. It got a little easier, but I will be honest and tell you that I didn't look like Olympian. With my run down, my dad decided that we needed to go eat breakfast at a place called Great Beginnings. We met up with my sister Katie, her husband Tom and my nephew Garrett.

We had fun talking about the game and sharing other family stories. The food was great and we headed out to run some more errands and grab some supplies. Most of the day was spent doing chores and waiting for the Cubs game to start. It finally got postponed do to weather.

We went to an early 4:00 mass followed by dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Littleton. Romano's Italian. If you live in Denver and you haven't tried it, you need to drop everything and go. Eating at Romanos is not a maybe, it is a must! It is far and beyond the best Italian food that I have ever had. On a scale of five meatballs, my dad once again has given it a rare, but well deserved five meatballs happily polished off!









After dinner it was off to buy Garrett a graduation gift. Pam and I decided that we were going to get him a tool chest and a few tools. I found the one I was looking for and we loaded up.

On the way home we were close to my brother Jeff's house. I was going to go to his son Teag's soccer game earlier in the day, but it got rained out. I had not seen them yet, so we decided to make a quick visit. The kids were winding down for the night and getting ready for bed. So being the good uncle that I am, I wound them up like a  clock so bed time would be extra fun for Jeff and Susan! We wrestled around and they enjoyed shooting me with there Nerf gun. Just at the peak or their excitement it was time to leave Jeff and Susan with some rowdy kids!





We had one more stop at the store and headed back to my parents house. It was nice to be home early and I found myself ready for bed. I called Pam and the girls to catch up on their day and hit the hay. I needed all the energy I could get to be prepared for my last day at my parents house!


Day Five:

This is the last day at my parents house. It will be sad to leave as it has been a very nice visit with them. My mom decided that she needed to send her baby boy off right so she made a mean breakfast of scrambled eggs, Italian sausage, peppers and french bread. It was the perfect feast to send her favorite of four kids out int the world. On a scale of 1-5, I gave it the never have been achieved score of ten! Partly because it was that good, and partly because my mom carried me in her belly for nine and a half months. And let's be perfectly honest, it's not like I was the easiest kid to raise!







Since it was a cold and rainy day, we watched the Cubs game on TV and enjoyed our afternoon. I prepared a few items to take over to Garrett's 18 birthday bash. I can't believe that he is turning 18. I remember the day he was born. It was much like today, cold and rainy!

The birthday party was great as the whole family was there. We enjoyed food and stories from when we were kids. Jeff seemed to be the target of all the stories, which was fine be me. We did have one more event and that was a prank Avery Kate and I had been planning on the whole family for a long time. 











We decided that we would get everyone in my family a Texas shirt and take a picture of them. The trick is getting them all to wear it for a picture. So we decided that we would tell them that it was for a class project. Since my mom is the head of the family, AK asked her to make everyone put the shirt on for her project. My mom agreed to help AK out! So, at dinner my mom announced AK's project to everyone and told them they would be putting on a Texas shirt. After they got their shirts on a took a picture and played a video from AK that they all got pranked!

It was a prank well deserved for all the fun they make of Texas. It was also nice to get some revenge. After all being the youngest in a family of four is no picnic!












With the party wrapped up it was time for Denny to take me to my hotel. After five days, one Rockies game, finding out the Garrett's new name is Cupcake, several amazing meals, time spent with some good friends, one almost broken hand and shattered dream for Tony all in one instant. getting to see the coolest Flood, and loving that I got to spend lots of quality time with my parents; I leave you with my favorite picture of the trip! 








No comments:

Post a Comment