Saturday, July 25, 2015

Dumping the Kids to Double Down Day 1

Day 1:

The day started out early as all days in Colorado do. I like to get up early and spend some time with my mom.  Since I am in town and the go-to handy man, my mom decided that I would be spending sometime putting up a ceiling fan in the the extra bedroom. 

We were off to Home Depot to pick up my next home improvement chore. The trip was quick, and my mom was able to make a fast decision on the fan. After a fast stop at Starbucks to get Pam and my mom a coffee, we came home. 

With my trusty assistants Dad and little Delaney, I was able to get the fan up with relative ease. During breakfast it was decided that the women-folk would go shopping and leave my dad and I alone to decide our own plans. My dad had no ideas, so I decided that we would be going to a bar in Golden called Wrigley's Chicago Bar and Grill. My good buddy Holmes, aka Tony Jackson, suggested I give it a try. Since Holmes knows his way around beer, and by looking at him, food as well, I decided it would be a good choice!

Tony forgot to mention one little piece of information; It just so happens to be a biker bar. My dad didn't care--he had a Polish sausage and root beer on his mind, and he wasn't going to let a few wannabe Hell's Angels get in the way of him doing his two favorite things: eating and watching the Cubbies play!

After walking through a rough crowd and a few strange stares, we were able to get seated and order our meal. I opted for the Italian Beef and Chicago dog while my dad enjoyed the Polish sausage. On a scale of one to five bikers, we gave it a four and a half bikers with a cool bike babe on the back of the bike.

















We headed back home to get ready for mass. After church we loaded up to head to Uncle Jeffy's and Aunt Susan's house. A great time was had by all as the kids ran and played and Uncle Jeffy introduced to a new game called Corn Hole. 



















We played the great game of Corn Hole the rest of the evening. It turns out that Pam is pretty decent at corn holing. AK was not bad at all.  Uncle Denny was terrible as expected and couldn't hole his corn if the hole was three feet wide. Uncle Jeffy talked a big game only to get corn holed by Aunt Susan. Cousin Garrett picked his partner well as we took the Corn Hole championship. But the surprise corn holer was Uncle Tom. He came off the disabled list with his reconstructed hip to prove that he truly was from Nebraska with his amazing corn holing skills.








It was a great day of family and fun with more to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment