Thursday, July 30, 2015

Dumping the Kids to Double Down Day 5

Day 5:
The start to the day was much later than most. It could have been that our bodies quickly adjusted to the two hour Vegas time changes; or we were just plain tired out from the quest to find the Rigo, which is proving to be more of a myth like Sasquatch; or it could have been too many free comped drinks and a very late night of low-stakes degenerate gambling. Whatever the reason, we rolled out of bed needing water and ibuprofen to take on day 5 of Dumping our Kids and Doubling Down!

The original plan was to go to the pool and chill for a few hours and than head off to see Pam's best friend, Angie, at the South Point. Angie was going to be competing in the Mounted Cowboy Shooting event. With our extremely late start there would be no pool time, and the hurry-up offense needed to be put into full swing.


We hopped into Sparky and said a little prayer that the little car could summon up enough might to get us to our next destination. Sparky didn't disappoint as we reached South Point ready to see balloons meet their demise!


We met up with Angie and I got to listen to tales of how her and Pam were punk kids back in the day. They enjoyed their visit until Angie needed to get her horse prepared for the event. We had about an hour to kill before she competed so we decided to take on a little gambling. The blackjack tables just did not seem to be calling me. I told Pam that I was going to sit in the sports book and watch the Cubs. 


While I was watching John Lester actually earn his huge contract for once, I noticed somebody calling my name. At first it was soft and than it got louder. I looked around and saw no one. I realized it was not a person, but rather a machine. It was another Wheel of Fortune slot. Pat Sajack called me over to personally play on his machine. I obliged and found myself tripling my buy -in with in a few spins! I was so excited I texted Pam to come see. She greeted me with a smile as I found out that she cashed in and won a few bucks herself!


It was time to go back and see Angie compete. She raced through the course with her trusty steed, Moxie, and shot down those balloons like Wyatt Earp shooting down Black Bart. One-by-one the balloons blew up and Angie found herself leading the event. When all was said and done she finished up in third place of of sixty other competitors. Amazing job, Angie!











After saying our goodbyes, we headed to the mall for AK's Chacos. I hate the mall, and I hate giving up my precious gambling time to be at the mall even more. Not to mention that we went to an outlet mall that was the size of Montana. Pam told me to suck it up and look for a Rigo at the many sports stores on sight. It's a well known fact that Rigos choose their garb from sports stores so Pam might be on to something. The mall was packed, and I had to weave in and out of people in my quest. We both came up shorthanded and left quickly!


We had not eaten hardly anything, which is not normal for us. Pam found a place called Amore Taste of Chicago. While there, we had the rack of ribs and an Italian beef. We split the food like Pam was splitting Aces against a ten and winning. The food was absolutely amazing as our ribs were licked clean, and there was no sign left of the Italian beef sandwich. Pam decided that it got the almost perfect score of a 4.9 out of five!








We headed back to Red Rock for some more gambling debauchery and fun. One the way back, at the same spot as the day earlier, Sparky decided to die on us again. Luckily he started right back up and we made it back. Why did it happen in exactly the same spot? Weird!






We showered and hit the floor! Pam was doing well in blackjack and I was just kind of surviving. I got bored and went to use the restroom when I heard my new friend Pat Sajack calling my name from the High Roller room. I looked inside, and sure enough, he was calling me back to the BobBob machine from the night before. I put my hundred down and sat down to play. I don't like to brag about my stellar slot skills, so I will let the picture do the talking for me. The crazy thing is, it only took three spins to win. 


















I walked back to the table and placed the ticket on Pam's lap. She almost fell out of her chair. Old BobBob had come through again for us! I went out to cash my ticket in and found that they moved me up a level in my play. I am now a Gold Club member which means that we gamble way too much and can now go to the front of the buffet lines without having to wait.





















With our new found gold cards, we played some more blackjack and tried one more time with the BobBob slot machine. However, we had already drained that milk cow and it had nothing left to offer. It was time for bed. We were tired from all the winnings, gun shooting, good food and fun times. Even though there was not a Rigo to be found, we still enjoyed our day!




No comments:

Post a Comment